Sofa Buying Guide
When ordering a sofa what you need to consider
When choosing a sofa, it is important check your location for space, for it to fit into and the access available for delivery.
Firstly - Check size of your area for the chosen product
- First check the dimensions of the area you would place your sofa.
- The product dimensions can vary up to a maximum of 3cm so please allow for this when measuring your location.
- When ordering a sofa bed please check both the standard size of the sofa and the size when the bed is open and in use.
- Allow for protruding fixtures in the room like skirting boards, window and door frames, ceiling heights and also any sloping areas like under stairs etc.
Secondly – Check the size of the access to the room of your choice
- Please note corner group sizes are shown as a complete unit. These are delivered in two sections of which one side can be bigger than the other.
- When checking the access size remember to include doorways, staircase and corridors and include in this space to manoeuvre and to turn the product.
Choose a sofa style and size
Firstly – Choose from our range of 22 sofa styles or have a bespoke one made.
- All corner units are made in a choice of left or right hand facing to fit any space.
- For your piece of mind our sofas are made from hardwood beech frames which we guarantee for 10 years.
- Our sofas are hand made by our skilled professionals and are made to order in our factory in Littleborough, Rochdale.
- Bespoke sofas can be made from a picture you give us or we can modify one of our current models to your style of liking.
Select your Fabric or Leather
Firstly – Choose from over 1000 fabrics and leathers we have available.
- All our fabrics and leathers have been specially developed by our suppliers to ensure durability on our upholstered sofas.
- We offer a free fabric sample service and you can order additional extras to complete your sofa such as armcaps scatter, cushions, stools and fabric by the metre.
We have a range of leathers including
- Corrected grain (pressed pattern)
- Wax leather finish
- Rub offs (as seen on chesterfields)
- Antique leather
- Napa leathers (as seen in cars)
- Pull up leather
- Faux Leather and vinyl’s
- Semi aniline
- Linen and Linen blends
- Woven Wool Blends
- Woven stripes & Jacquards
- Plains and semi plains
Select your foot style and colour
All of our sofas have a choice of feet in different style and colours. Light, medium or dark wood and also a range of metal and chrome finishes.
Lots of our sofas also have the option of castors or fixed legs available at various heights and styles to help you find your perfect seating position.^ back to top
Select your finishing touches
All the items below are available as extras you can purchase in any fabric to co-ordinate with your sofa.
- Scatter cushions
- Antimacassar (head rest or cover for the back cushion to prevent soiling of the permanent fabric)
- Stain Guard
- Blinds are available in any fabric to co-ordinate with your sofa.
- Fabric by the metre
Place your order
To place your order you can visit our shop in Littleborough within the Metropolitan Borough of Rochdale, in Greater Manchester. We will lead you through all the options and give you an estimated time for delivery.
When your items are ready we will contact you a week before to arrange delivery and you can choose a morning or afternoon delivery.
You need to make sure that you will be at the address to sign for your items and we won’t be able to leave your items if no one is in at the address. You can incur an extra delivery charge for another delivery if you are not at the address when the delivery attempted.^ back to top
Care of your new sofa
To help ensure the life of your items you need to keep your cushions in good condition, to do this you need to -
- Plump up the cushions to help prevent flattering.
- Turning seat and back cushion to give even wear.
- Change the right to left cushions to help them wear evenly.
- Please note your foam or fibre cushion will soften over time.
- If you have purchased armcaps use them to keep your arm clean.
- Clean your sofa once a week by vacuuming on a low setting.
- We do not advise that you expose your sofa to direct sunlight as it can result in the fabric fading over time.